Our Hospice program is dedicated to providing support for people entering the final stages of their lives. Alliance Home Health Care and Hospice strives to enhance the quality of a person’s remaining life by making the care process as comfortable as possible for the patient and family.
The interdisciplinary Alliance Home Health Care and Hospice team:
- Manages pain and symptoms
- Assists with the emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Provides needed drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Instructs the family on how to care for the patient
- Delivers special services like speech and physical therapy when needed
- Provides bereavement care and counseling to surviving family and friends
Anyone with a terminal illness who has decided to stop seeking curative treatment is eligible for hospice. Most hospice care is paid for by Medicare, and most insurance companies cover hospice care.
Hospice begins with a visit from a nurse, who meets with the patient and the family to put together a care plan that fits with the patient’s values and needs. The patient and the family are considered the unit of care, as the family needs much support throughout this unfamiliar and stressful time.
Our dedicated team of in-home hospice professionals include:
- Palliative nursing
- Physician services
- Pain management
- Home health aides
- Social workers
- Spiritual support/chaplain services
- Dietary services
- Therapies (physical, occupational, speech)
- Therapeutic music
- Durable medical equipment
- Caregiver support groups
- Resource referral, such as bereavement camps for children
Hospice does not replace the primary caregiver; rather, it provides an extra set of hands. In fact, Alliance Home Health Care and Hospice volunteers might also visit to read to the patient or offer a listening ear for family members.
Call us today at 1-877-884-4080 for more information or to schedule a free in-home assessment.